Hiroia's Jimmy scale doesn' settle with just one trick: alongside its magnetic touch display, it also has four built-in brewing modes, a 2 kg total capacity, an internal rechargeable battery, and a Bluetooth connection to pair up with its companion app. With a size that's practical for both manual brewing and espresso, the Jimmy scale is quite a versatile brewing tool.
With the Jimmy's innovative display, you can brew much more flexibly. The magnetic base allows the display to attach to a variety of surfaces, such as the front panel of your espresso machine, a kettle, or whatever you might have at hand. It can also lay flat with the display facing straight up or forward, so you can simply set it where you like to get the best viewing angle and access to the touch-sensitive buttons. Once you'
e done brewing, just click it back onto the scale to charge. Jimmy's internal battery has about a 10-15 hour life, and can be recharged via the included micro-USB cable.
Tap the O button to cycle between:
- Weight mode: Displays weight in grams or ounces (double-tap Tare button to switch units)
- Dual Display mode: Displays timer and weight. Tap Timer button once to start, stop, and reset time.
- Pour Over mode: After manually taring your brewing wares, auto-starts a timer when flow is detected. Timer may be manually stopped.
- Espresso 1 mode: After manually taring your cup, auto-starts a timer when flow is detected, auto-stops the timer when flow stops.
- Espresso 2 mode: Auto-tares your cup, auto-starts a timer when flow is detected, auto-stops the timer when flow stops.
- Espresso 3 mode: Auto-tares your cup and auto-starts a timer once tared, auto-stops the timer when flow stops.